Sunday, August 29, 2010

Thank you

   Things are picking up speed here at the Parelli Center CO. We have finished the Confidence Transformation Course, are moving on into Savvy Finesse and have just finished a 1* and 2* Instructor Course. WOW time flies!
I just read a blog entry from a students recent post As I was reading, it made me think (no surprise!). I was thinking of how very personal each one of our journeys can be. How each of us can have a completely different experience the the person sitting right next to us, and then the wheels started rolling :-)
   Occasionally a student will come to the Parelli Center and be wishing they had 'found' Parelli sooner or that they were able to get into horses sooner. They will ask me if there is anything I would change about my journey and are surprised when I say "No". At this point they usually respond with something along the lines of "seriously? Nothing bad has ever happened to you?" with a slightly sarcastic tone in their voice.
   Well, I'm human, live in todays world and spend most of my time and money with horses, of course bad stuff happens, and maybe you could call me superstitous or maybe I watched "Back To The Future" one too many times, but the way I see it if all that 'stuff' good and bad hadn't happened I woudn't be who or where I am today. Please note - I'm not trying to toot my own horn here, but it seems that the more stuff we experience, the more stuff we live through (depending on our attitude, of course) the more balanced and strong we can become. The more experiences we have the more knowledge we can draw on in any given situation.
   Someone who comes to mind is Pat Parelli. When I listen to the stories he tells about what his mentors put him through or about him having to learn lessons the hard way I can't help but think "thank goodness I didn't have to go through that!" but on the other hand those experiences good and bad are what makes him who his is. It's what makes his "quiver of arrows" seemingly endless!! (Still I'm pleased he is willing to share his lessons with us: "Second hand gold is as good as new.")
   If I were to try and collect my thoughts into one sentence it would be: Thank you to everyone who has been part of my journey! Even if you didn't know it, you have helped me in some way and whether we laughed, cried or gave each other the 'stink eye' :-) thank you for helping me get to this stage of my journey. I couldn't have done it with out!

1 comment:

  1. Spending time with Jim Paterson ("Play to Win") during the 2Star Instructor course made me realize that I do not regret anything I've done or encountered in my life - for I wouldn't be who I am and where I am today if I hadn't. So, it's all good - good or bad, because I sure like how I evolved to the person I am today. Sometimes it's the things we have to check off as "a learning experience" and that weren't all that comfortable that make us grow even more... Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us!

    Petra Christensen
    Parelli 1Star Junior Instructor
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete