Monday, August 16, 2010

Macchi gets a visit from the Tooth Fairy

   As you may know Macchi and I have had an interesting journey (to say the least) with our Finesse riding, due to some displaced behaviors with his tongue. I think that the psychology piece is finally coming together (took me a while to 'get it'!, you can read more about that here: Lessons with Linda ) We have also spent time being sure his bio-mechanics from his feet upwards were lined up, his energy was "in line" via photonic therapy and now (I'm hoping) that we've added the last piece of the puzzle to get him as comfortable as possible: The tooth fairy came to visit!
   If you haven't heard of Spencer LaFlure aka The Tooth Fairy , he has been an ongoing part of my horse care and I can't wait to see if Macchi is now more comfortable with contact!! Apparently he was fairly locked due to the angle of wear on his teeth and therefore it was physically difficult for him to offer softness, and even more challenging to be comfortable while offering softness! On one hand "YAHOO!!", I feel I've helped him be more comfortable. On the other, I wish I could have done it sooner. However everything comes in it's own time, at least he is on the right track now!
   It will take a few days for him to get used to the new feel and some gentle coaxing from me to get him to bend and flex in ways that were previously uncomfortable, but I am excited to see how he feels by the end of the week!! Onwards and upwards!!
-Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment